Wednesday 13 October 2010

Unravelling the mysterie

In the last picture I posted yesterday I showed you a small piece of the Home Sweet Home quilt. In 2009-2010 I also took part in Françoise's Mystery. This one is called Fabric Wonderland. The final pattern arrived by post on October 7th and I have only just started to piece together the quilt.
This is what it looks like so far!


It is big, but it should not be heavy.....

Of course Loedertje offered her help. It is nice and warm wrapped in a quilt. Even if it is just the top!
This is how big it is already. I am not even halfway!

It really feels like unravelling a mystery. Will the colours work or will the quilt be bland, will all the pieces fit (a problem I encountered last time due to my sloppy needlework) and most of all: How am I going to quilt this one? It will take me a while yet to finish the top. I do all the piecing by hand. I will show you the end result though, just be patient.

More tomorrow!
Heleen

1 comment:

  1. Heleen that is truly stunning...looks like there is a lot of sewing of little pieces in this one...

    ReplyDelete