Thursday 13 October 2011

My sisters birthday!


It has come and gone. Which means that I can finally show you my gifts for her! The first (and biggest) gift is the Irish Tweed quilt kit! She has been eyeing it longingly since we sew it at the OEQC. Her new house is taking shape rapidly, which keeps her really busy! But this should be easy to get done in between. It is going to look great!

There is only one store in The Netherlands that sells these kits and it is a long, long way from me. Luckily, they were willing to send it to me instead! A big thank you to the wonderful people at Atelier Quiltgebeuren !

The second gift:
Since I was unsure of the arrival of the quilt kit, I decided to make something myself. The pattern was a freeby from Sew Pink. It turned out really nice. My sister can hang it in her brand new quilting space!

So happy birthday to my big (and finally older again) sister! 

Lots of love,
Heleen

5 comments:

  1. Thank you! I am already aching to start the tweed quilt. I am going to need your help, though, with picking the right pattern.

    Your older (and infinitely wiser) sister

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice birthday gift....And have a nice birthday as well...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wie weet is dat wel de wijn die ik twee jaar geleden heb geproefd bij vrienden. Het was een heerlijke witte Nederlandse wijn. Alleen weet ik niet meer waar die vandaan kwam.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think my dear sweet you would be crying if you were picked
    and we did not see you were following us....you have till Friday...good luck..at the moment we could not find you
    in our system...all my best mdm samm

    ( www.sewwequilt.com) you are a no reply blogger...and you are not following www.sewwequilt.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. HI Helen and by the way you are a NO reply blogger...lol here is what you need to do..

    In blogger.com, click on Dashboard.
    Select Edit Profile.
    Check the box for "Show my Email Address."
    Save changes.


    and the answer to your question ...NEVER AGAIN lol

    ReplyDelete